I love being able to integrate vegetables into my pasta dishes.
My kids, not so much.
However, because the strings of zucchini are the same size as pasta noodles and the parmesan cheese, they might not even notice it is a vegetable.
This recipe is very forgiving, so feel free to freeze excess summer zucchini and use during the winter months for a bit of summer flavor.
2 large or 3 small medium zucchini
3 cloves of minced garlic
1 – 2 tbsp olive oil
1 pound of angel hair or thin spaghetti pasta
1 cup grated or shredded parmesan cheese
2 – 3 grilled chicken breasts
1. Cook Chicken Breasts on grill seasoned with a little Lawry’s Season Salt. Set aside.
2. Shred zucchini.
3. Prepare pasta as directed on box.
4. While pasta is cooking, saute garlic in olive oil for a minute or two. Add zucchini and saute for 10 to 15 minutes longer.
5. Add the cooked pasta and fresh parmesan cheese and mix well. Cut up chicken breast to desired strip thickness.
6. Plate out pasta, add chicken on top, and extra cheese if you like. Serve with salad or bread.