February was a busy month for most of the “mamas” I know.
In addition to a gazillion snow days, President’s weekend, school conferences, and everything else in normal life…there were two major events.
Lady Gaga and Maroon 5 in concert at the Sprint Center.
I know. I know. These don’t seem like major events. But for “mamas” who were doing all of the stuff I previously mentioned, going to the Power & Light District and meeting friends for a drink (or several) plus getting to shake their “groove” thing was a major event.
And most of the “mamas” I know struggled for about three-hours prior to the event because they “had nothing fun to wear.”
You know that feeling? When you look into your closet and discover a sea of yoga pants, sweatshirts, cute cardigans and pretty blouses. And all of those clothes are fine for going to church, picking up kids from school, or grabbing a bite to eat, but not a concert.
I was going to be in the same building as Adam Levine – I did NOT want to wear the same outfit I wear to Applebee’s.
Do you hear what I am saying?
So when Kohl’s contacted me about putting together an outfit built around some item I already had in my closet – I jumped at the chance and KNEW exactly what I was going to do.
It was time to build a ROCK STAR outfit for “mama” that looks good and fits any body type.
First, I brought out of my closet my killer pair of heels. We all have them. Those heels that are too high for a regular day, but makes our legs look long and our calves tight and only get worn a couple of times a year. Yep, I have a pair (or two) of those.
Next, I went to Kohl’s during their Grand Opening Sale and was able to save 20% off my entire purchase AND I also earned $10 Kohl’s Cash for every $50 I spent. So it was like double savings!
And I walked right over to the Rock & Republic section and embraced my inner eighteen year old.
And I came up with this outfit.
And here’s why this outfit would look good on any body type.
- The t-shirt is over sized and can be worn off the shoulder. Any women looks sexy with an off-the-shoulder t-shirt. (Remember Flashdance?) Don’t want to be as daring – still go off-the-shoulder, but wear your black shapewear tank under it and you’ll feel thin and make sure every thing is covered.
- Boyfriend Jeans are circa 1980. They are baggie in the waist and thighs and taper to your ankle and are meant to be rolled up. (Anyone remember doing this in high school?) The roll brings the eye’s focus to your ankles and shoes. If you are self-conscious about your thighs, don’t be. Everyone is looking at your killer shoes.
- We all own big jewelry, but we hardly wear it. Bring it out and let it be an accent to your overall outfit.
- Killer heels look good on anyone. Always.
- Wear your hair a little bigger than normal and break out the black eyeliner. Combine it all and you will look like an age-appropriate rock ‘n roll mama who is ready to have a little fun on the town.
And here is the outfit on me.
My experience at Kohls was awesome. The choice of sizes and selection and sizes was great and so were the prices. When everything was said and done, I was able to get the whole outfit (including new killer heels) for under $100.00 after my 20% discount.
And because I desperately want everyone one of you to have a “Rock Star Outfit”, Kohl’s has generously given me a $100 Kohl’s Gift Card to give to one lucky KCM reader.
Here’s How To Enter The Giveaway
(Remember, each comment is considered a entry – so leave a separate comment each time.)
Leave me a comment and tell me what Rock N Roll item you’d like to add to your closet. (Ex. a Vintage Police Concert t-shirt.)
Additional entry: Become a email subscriber to Kansas City Mamas. (I promise, I won’t spam you.) And then leave a comment and let me know.
Additional entry: Become in Like with Kansas City Mamas on Facebook. (We have fun, I promise.) And then leave a comment and let me know.
Contest will be open till end of day on March 20, 2013. Winner will be notified by email and has 48-hours to respond before another winner is chosen. Winner must reside in the lower 48-states of the continental USA. Good Luck.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post and Kohl’s provided the giveaway prize. The written remarks are entirely my own. Want more information – check out my full disclosure statement.