Yep, that’s me. (In my messy kitchen.)
I’m Kelly Snyder, the woman behind the curtain of Kansas City Mamas. I’m a self-described foodie who loves a good bargain, a good glass of wine, and beautiful things. (And not necessarily in that order.)
With all of the frugal blogs available on the internet, I’m humbled that you’ve come to mine. If you decide to come back again, here are some of the things you will find.
I don’t take myself too seriously, but I do take saving money seriously. I work hard to feed my family of four on less than $300 per month – I like being able to pass along my techniques to others so they can save money too. I TRULY believe that having a “financial margin” in our lives can work miracles in our relationships with our spouses, kids, and God.
Saving money should not come at the price of feeding our families well. I believe in local family farms, eating good food that is affordable, and cooking from scratch. I’ve been known to hang out at family farms to see where our food comes from, be part of Community Supported Agriculture, and provide tips to cutting costs in the kitchen. Also, I like to cook and I share my tried-and-true recipes in Kelly’s Kitchen.
I’m a momma and wife first, and a deal-hunting super-woman last. I need balance. I wish I had the time to post every deal, but I don’t. I try to post deals that appeal to me and my family and that give you the biggest bang for your buck.
I believe in ethical couponing. I’m black and white when it comes to deals. There are too many legitimate deals to ever talk about the shady ones, so I don’t.
My readers are important to me. I try respond to every email I receive and every response on Facebook or Twitter. If you have questions, comments, or concerns – please let me know. One of my greatest joys is receiving an email from a reader who saved a bunch of money at the grocery store. Seeing people’s lives change because of couponing and strategic shopping is an awesome feeling.
Wow, if you are still here - here are some random facts about ME.
- I’ve been married for 15 years and have two great kiddos – DS who is eight and DD who is six.
- I’m a former marketing corporate ladder-climber turned stay-at-home mom. I love my new job, but there are times I miss my old one.
- I started couponing in January 2009 because of the recession and haven’t turned back since.
- My favorite cookbooks are Pioneer Woman, Big Bowl of Love, and any Junior League Cookbook.
- I’m a die-hard Nebraska Cornhusker. And I’m trying to get used to saying “I’m part of the BIG 10.”
- If I could be anywhere in the world, I would be in a convertible in Santa Barbara County on Foxen Canyon Road tasting wine.